The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is inviting applications for admissions in the NCERT Diploma Course in Guidance & Counselling 2018. Subsequently, this program will provide training to professionals in Guidance and Counselling. Moreover, these professionals includes the in-service school teachers, teacher educators, school administrators as well as untrained guidance personnel. Accordingly, interested candidates can apply for this diploma course through the official website ncert.nic.in
The main objective of this program is to improve the skills of the Untrained Teachers / Professionals. Subsequently, this course will help in promoting their holistic development. Accordingly, this program is of 1 year duration and combines Distance Learning, Face-to-Face Contact and Internship. Furthermore, interested and eligible candidates can apply for admission in this course by filling the application form before 10 November 2017.
Below is the complete procedure to fill the Application Form :-
NCERT Diploma Course in Guidance and Counselling Download Application Form
Candidates can download the application form for admissions in Diploma Course in Guidance and Counselling in the PDF Format from the official website of NCERT or directly by clicking the Link given below :-
Download Application Form (PDF)
Candidates have to fill all the details in the Application Form accurately. In addition to this, candidates must enclose the documents given below along with the Application Form and send it through e-mail (advance copy must be sent) as well as by post to any one of the Study Centers on the regional basis. The application form must reach the regional study centers before 10 November 2017.
List of Documents
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Self Attested Copies of All the Educational Qualifications (10th onward)
- All Professional Qualifications (Self attested copy)
- Work Experience [if any] (Scanned Self attested copy)
- Caste Certificate if candidates belong to SC / ST / OBC
- Disability Certificate (if any)
- Training Certificate in the Related Field of Professional Qualification
|In-service teachers – Candidate must hold a Graduation along with teaching degree.|
|Presently not working – Candidates must have completed Graduation with teaching degree along with at least two years of Teaching / Related experience.|
|Moreover, Postgraduates in psychology / education / social work / child development / special education are also eligible. However, candidates with 1 year or above teaching experience will be preferred.|
The minimum percentage of marks for all target groups is 50%. However there is a relaxation of 5% for SC / ST.
Phases of NCERT Diploma Course
There Diploma Course is of 1 year duration and includes 3 phases :-
- Phase-1 –
- This phase is for Distance Learning / Self Learning.
- Moreover, this phase is of 6 months duration i.e from January 2018 – June 2018.
- Phase-2 –
- This phase includes Face-to-Face contact Program / Intensive Practices at respective study centers.
- Subsequently, this phase is of 3 months duration i.e from July 2018 – September 2018.
- Phase-3 –
- This phase is for Internship in the Home Town.
- Accordingly, this phase is of 3 months duration i.e from October 2018 – Dec-2018.
The candidate must be a resident of India. However, course fee is different for different category candidates :-
— Govt. deputed candidates from Central Funded Organizations – Rs 19,500/-
— Govt. deputed candidates from State / UT Departments – Rs 6000/-
— Private Candidates – Rs 3000/-
Details (Admission And Selection) of NCERT Diploma Course in Guidance and Counselling 2018
- This is a 1 year Diploma Course for training of professionals in guidance and counselling.
- Subsequently, the course is open to teachers, teacher educators, school administrators and untrained guidance personnel.
- Moreover the course includes Distance Learning, Face to Face contact program and Internship.
- The medium of instruction for the course is English and Hindi.
- The eligible candidates will get admission at DEPFE, NCERT, New Delhi and Regional Institutes of Education at Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Mysore and Shillong.
- Accordingly, the maximum no of seats at each center is 50. In addition to this, preferrance will be given to the Govt. deputed candidates.
- However Advance copy will be considered for screening of applications. Moreover, shortlisted candidates have to clear a Selection Test which includes Essay Writing and Interview.
- Furthermore, the main aim is to enhance the skills and competencies of teachers. Moreover, this course will promote holistic development of pupils and will assist in handling of their academic, socio-emotional and ethical problems.
The list of study centers is shown below :-
— To see more details about NCERT Diploma Course in Guidance & Counselling, please see the link given below :-Information Brochure