Since May 2015, Central government is implementing Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) throughout the country. Under the scheme, the government is providing an accidental-death insurance and disability cover for death or disability on account of an accident. All the interested eligible candidates can download the application form through visit the official website at jansuraksha.gov.in.
Under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), all the individual bank account holders between the age group of 18 to 70 years in participating banks will be entitled to join. Accordingly, this scheme is being offered by Public Sector General Insurance Companies (PSGICs). However, interested other General Insurance companies willing to offer the product on similar terms with necessary approvals and tie up with Banks for this purpose.
Moreover, Suraksha Bima Yojana has launched especially for those people belonging to the below poverty line (BPL) category or vulnerable section. Because they can not afford the private insurance plan on the terms and conditions of the company. Therefore, Modi government has brought a common insurance plan which is affordable to all citizen without discrimination.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) Online Application Form
Interested candidates can follow the steps to download the online application form and claim form for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
- Firstly visit the official website at http://www.jansuraksha.gov.in
- Afterward, Jan Dhan Se Jan Suraksha Page will open as shown below.
- Now click the “Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)” link is available on the web page or directly click this link.
- Afterward, “Application Form of PMSBY” will open as shown below.
- Now candidate will fill the application form and submit to the concerned authority.
Download PMSBY Application Form
Eligibility Criteria for PMSBY
- The benefit of the scheme is available only for Indian Citizen.
- The age group of the beneficiary should between 18-70 years old.
- The beneficiary should have an active saving bank account.
- The subscriber should give a written consent to the bank for auto debit of premium amount.
- The subscriber will have to maintain required balance in the bank account at the time of auto debit on or before 1st June every year.
PM Suraksha Bima Yojana Premium Details
- Total Premium: Rs. 12/- per annum per member
- LIC / insurance company : Rs. 10/- per annum per member
- Reimbursement of Expenses to BC/Micro/Corporate/Agent : Rs. 1/- per annum per member
- Reimbursement of Administrative expenses to participating Bank: Rs. 1/- per annum per member
A death certificate and simple claim form are required to submit and the claim amount will be transferred to nominees account. Below given a screenshot and a link to download the claim form of PM Suraksha Bima Yojana.
To get more details about Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) application form and scheme details visit the official website at jansuraksha.gov.in