Punjab state government has started the Mahatma Gandhi Sarbat Vikas Yojana (MGSVY) to provide benefits of the govt. schemes to the rural people. Subsequently, this scheme aims to promote inclusive development through socio-economic development schemes for those people who are eligible but are not getting the benefits. Accordingly, Punjab govt focuses to identify such people and ensures that they get due benefits of various government schemes.
Under this scheme, Punjab govt. will provide financial support to weaker sections who are deprived of benefits. This scheme includes old pension schemes, marriage schemes, education schemes and scholarship schemes. This scheme will ensure Gender Equality and Social Justice to the poor sections of the society. Subsequently, this scheme will provide benefits to the debt ridden farmers, persons suffering from severe diseases, students belonging to the economically weaker sections of the society.
To become a beneficiary of this scheme, candidate must satisfy the following eligibility criteria :-
- Candidate must be a resident of the Punjab state.
- Subsequently, the annual income of the family of the candidate from all sources must not exceed Rs 60,000 per annum.
- Moreover, candidate must not possess more than 2.5 acres land in his name in any part of the state.
- Furthermore, Acid attack victims are also eligible to apply.
Highlights of Mahatma Gandhi Sarbat Vikas Yojana (MGSVY)
- Govt. will provide financial assistance for old pension schemes, marriage schemes and education schemes.
- Subsequently, several scholarship schemes are also part of this new scheme
- Accordingly, this scheme will benefit debt stressed farmers, manual scavengers, persons suffering from AIDS, cancer and drug addiction.
- Moreover, this scheme will also focus on constructing toilets and providing homes (awas) to the Homeless people.
- Deputy Commissioner will constitute a committee to finalize the list of beneficiary candidates.
- The state govt will hold a special meeting of the concerned Gram Sabha and at-least 2 committee members.
- Govt. will specify the eligibility criteria and other parameters in the Gram Sabha. In addition to this, members will read out the final list of beneficiaries.
- Based on the inputs of Gram Sabha, Deputy Commissioner will approve the final list of beneficiaries.
Mahatma Gandhi Sarbat Vikas Yojana, Punjab will help in reaching out to the poorest of the poor in the villages / Rural areas. Furthermore, this scheme will fulfills the Mahatma Gandhi vision of bringing prosperity to the people who are deprived and left untouched so far.
— Moreover, candidates can also see the Punjab Health Facility Portal Online Registration Steps, Punjab Old Age Pension Scheme 2017-18 Online Application Form and Punjab Crop / Farm Loan Waiver Scheme 2017 Application Form for Farmers.