The education department of Kerala has issued draft regulations amending the Karnataka Educational Institutions (Classifications and Registrations) Rules, 1997. The education department has said there will be a no-refund policy for new school registrations even if an application is denied.
The online registration of school will put an end to duplicate document submission and fraudulent businessmen opening schools. According to the new rules, the education department will issue fee structures for setting up of new schools or classes. In addition, the registration of new schools will be through an online process.
The education department has launched a separate portal sts.karnataka.gov.in for registration of schools by November 30 every year. At the timing of registration, schools will fill all the details of student enrolment and teaching resources on the portal.
Karnataka School Registration Fee Structure
The education department has notified the fee structure for the registration of new school in Karnataka as mentioned below.
- Accordingly, the fee as Rs. 50,000 for setting up a primary institution for the Class 1st to 7th.
- For the class 8th to 10th, the fee as Rs. 1 lakh to set up an institution.
- The fee as Rs. 1,25,000 for class 11th and 12th to set up an institution.
- For preprimary schools, the registration and processing fee together will amount to Rs. 15,000 in BBMP areas.
- In addition, Rs. 7,500 in urban areas other than BBMP limits and Rs 2,500 in rural areas.
Karnataka Online School Registration Process
Below given the steps to complete the registration process for school in Karnataka.
- Firstly visit the official website at sts.karnataka.gov.in
- Here click on the Registration tab on the homepage or directly click this link.
- Afterward, a rregistration form will open as mention below.
- Now fill all the details in the application form and click the “Submit” button.
- The candidate can also track the record visiting on the website or directly click this link.
- In last, a referance number will get for future use.
The education department has also made mandatory the strict adherence to the Student Achievement Tracking System (SATS). Every school has to maintain a record and report all cases of cyber-bullying and harassment, with sensitivity and confidentiality.